Skip to main content
You should call the Office of Exporter Services at 202-482-4811, or e-mail them a question via the website. Pursuant to the guidance in §748.3 of the EAR, you may also submit an advisory opinion request to the End-User Review Committee Chair at [email protected], or call the Committee Chair directly at 202-482-5991. Can a listed entity act as purchaser or freight forwarder to transport my shipment of items subject to the EAR to the ultimate consignee or end-user? A BIS license is required prior to such a transaction. As stated in § 744.11(a), a license is required for the export, reexport, or transfer (in-country) of items subject to the EAR when an entity on the Entity List is a party to the transaction as described in § 748.5(c)-(f). Parties to the transaction may include purchasers, intermediate consignees (such as forwarding agents), ultimate consignees, and end-users. Any application for such a license will be reviewed in accordance with the License Review Policy associated with the listed entity on the Entity List. This policy is, most commonly, a presumption of denial. BIS also recommends consulting the other export screening lists maintained by the U.S. Government to ensure that any listed entity performing an activity (e.g., services) not subject to the EAR does not violate sanctions or restrictions administered by other U.S. Government agencies.